Our Commitment to You
Embarc’s Statement on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Notice: We will continue to update this page as the situation around COVID-19 evolves and additional information becomes available.
Updated: April 1, 2020
As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the safety and well-being of our members and team members remains our top priority. We are closely following government instructions, as well as guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and Health Canada. As such, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies and keeping everyone’s health in mind, we have temporarily closed several of our resorts.
Following guidance and mandates from Health Canada, the WHO and the CDC, many businesses and amenities in North America have closed for business, forcing us to temporarily close the following resorts:
- Embarc Palm Desert through April 30, 2020
- Embarc Panorama through April 30, 2020
- Embarc Sandestin through April 30, 2020
- Embarc Tremblant through April 13, 2020
- Embarc Ucluelet through April 30, 2020
- Embarc Zihuatanejo through April 30, 2020
- The Villas at Zihuatanejo through April 30, 2020
Our team is diligently working to notify all members and guests with impacted reservations. We will continue to monitor the situation and may re-evaluate the opening date for each resort as it nears.
We are aware that Whistler Blackcomb and Blue Mountain have closed. At this time, our Embarc properties in those areas remain open.
We know that our members, owners and guests want options right now. We will continue to waive cancellation restrictions or penalties for those staying in or traveling from areas affected by government-mandated travel restrictions. At this time, cancellation waivers are in place through April 30, 2020, for the following areas:
- Asia: China, South Korea and Iran
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
- Canada: All provinces
- Mexico: All States
We are waiving cancellation fees for all members and guests scheduled to arrive at any Embarc Resorts managed property before April 30, 2020 up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival. As an alternative option, members and guests who booked directly with Embarc can also modify any reservation without penalty up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival, if they do not want to cancel.
Following guidance from health officials, we are rescheduling an Events of a Lifetime® member cruise and have postponed several Diamond Live shows to protect our artists, members and guests.
We are closely following recommendations from Public Health Agency of Canada, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
While we are dedicated to assisting all members, owners and guests as quickly as possible, all of our call centers are experiencing unusually long hold times. If you have questions about a reservation for after April 2020, we recommend calling back closer to your arrival date.
You can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance for Canadian members on the Government of Canada’s website at: www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
You can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance on the CDC’s website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
The CDC’s guidance on COVID-19 and cruise ship travel can be found here: www.cdc.gov/travel/page/covid-19-cruise-ship.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.